Munnar – awe inspiring - a haven of peace and serenity - the picturesque tourist destination in God's own country. Set at an altitude of 6000 ft in Idukki district, Munnar was the favored summer resort for the British rulers in the colonial days. Unending expanse of tea plantations - pristine valleys and mountains- exotic species of flora and fauna in its wild sanctuaries and forests - aroma of spice scented cool air. Among the exotic flora found in the forest and grasslands here is the Neelakurinji. This flower bathes the hills in blue once in every twelve years.Anamudi the highest peak in South India is the nature lover’s paradise for trekking.
Munnar- yes! !!!!Munnar has all these and more. It's the place you would love to visit - it's the place you would wish never to leave.
- Eravikulam ( Rajamalai) National Park ( Wildlife): Home to the nearly extinct Nilgiri Tahr, Rajamalai National Park is a romantic and exciting national park. It is home to endangered & exotic fauna. If Wildlife doesn’t excite you, the walk through the park will certainly
- Mattupetti Dam : Mattupeti dam is a picnicspot for thw gods. A place must go to, especially with children. One may enjoy the entire day with the huge dam in the background.
- Echo Point ( sight seeing) : The lyrical rolling hills and the pristine lake give you the feeling of being in a movie.While there, profess your love or call out to your friend and hear it echo.
- Top Station: 37 Kilometres away from Munnar Top Station,you will enjoy a breathtaking view of the western ghats. Feel one with the godsas you clicks photo standing above the clouds. Top station is famous for Neelakurinji flower, and paints the landscape in Violet colour.
- Kundala Lake: A beautiful lake surrounded by lush forests on all sides, it is one of the few places where there are more trees than people. You can hire a pedal boat and explore and adjoining forests
- Devikulam: Devikulam is a beautiful hill station with velvet lawns and exotic flowers. Devikulam also has the Sita Devi Lake rich in mineral , picturesque and an ideal spot for trout fishing.