Mysore is the popular tourist destination in Karnataka state has an average altitude of 770 metres, which offers several attractions ranging from pilgrimage centres, scenic spots, royal history of South India , mysore palace , chamundi hills, etc.. Mysore is famous for sandalwood and rosewood carved articles. Mysore has a warm and cool climate through out the year. The Mysore Zoo is the oldest Zoo in the country and was set up by Maharaja Chamaraja Wodeyar in 1892 is a unique attraction of Mysore. Mysore exhibits the history of South India so called the Cultural Capital of the State.
- Mysore Palace : - The center of attraction of Mysore is the Mysore Palace which was constructed in the year 1912 for the twenty fourth king of the Wodeyar dynasty. The Mysore Palace proudly boasts as the fine example for Indo Saracenic style of architecture. The Palace has a fabulous paintings, architectural beauty with spacious halls, called Mantaps.
- Chamundi Hills : -Chamundi Hill is about 13 kms from Mysore, rises to a height of 3,489 feet and is visible from a distance itself while traveling towards Mysore . Overlooking Mysore from the summit of the Chamundi Hills, the Sri Chamundeswari Temple makes a fine half – day excurssionas it is dominated by a towering seventy – storeyhigh gopuram. Halfway to it, nesar the steps and the road, there is a beautiful 4.8 meters tall monolith statue of Nandi carved in black granite. The gigantic Mahishasura statue is an added attraction.
- Brindavan Gardens:- Located about 19kms from the heart of Mysore these beautiful gardens are laid out below the Krishnaraja Sagar dam built across the river Cauvery. The Gardens are designed and based on the Shalimar Gardens of Kashmir. The garden transformed to a fairy land after sundown when the concealed lights near the flower beds and fountains are turned on. The significance of the Garden is its symmetric design. Today , the Brindavan Gardens are world famous for their ethereal beauty and grandeur.
- St.Philomena’s Church : -A beautiful Cathedral Church , which was built from 1933 to 1941 is a stunning neo-Gothic structure. It was initially known by the name St. Joseph Chaver. Church is an imposing structure with stained glass windows and lofty towers making it a miniature replica of the Colonge Cathedral. The main feature of this church is the reclining statue of St.Philomena.
- Mysore zoo : - Also known as the Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens, established under royal patronage in 1892, making it one of the oldest zoos in the world. Mysore Zoo is a 245-acre zoo oldest and most popular zoos in Southern India. The zoo is home to a wide range of exotic species . Several primates, elephants,bears,birds,etc live here.